Pre-construction wiring allows you to custom fit your home with the efficient, high-performance electrical system needed to power your electronics. By thinking ahead and engaging our services during the framing stage, you can ensure that the electrical infrastructure is designed with your needs in mind. By using superior materials and intelligent design, we prepare your home to perform beautifully today and meet the requirements of tomorrow’s technology. Wiring before the drywall stage comes with significant advantages over a retrofit. The cost to wire your home in the early stages is lower than it would be to retrofit the space after construction, because we don’t need to open up the drywall to lay the wiring. And with greater access to the between-wall spaces in your evolving home, we have a greater degree of freedom in laying an electrical infrastructure that meets the needs of you and your family. If you are planning a new construction, talk to us. We can help you make the right choices and build a wiring system that supports your lifestyle beautifully.
Frequently asked questions about pre-construction wiring services
Q: What are the benefits of pre-construction wiring?
A: There are a number of benefits to planning and installing your electrical infrastructure early in the construction process:
- It’s less costly than retrofitting your home, because no drywall repair is required.
- It’s less disruptive than a retrofit, because the work takes places while you are still off-site.
- It allows you to strategically plan for your household’s electrical needs, including entertainment systems, security measures, telecommunications and home office needs.
- It allows you to lay a scalable infrastructure capable of meeting your immediate needs and those of the future.
- It enhances the value and functionality of your home.
Q: What is a “retrofit” installation?
A: A retrofit wiring installation is one that is undertaken after the construction of your home. In this case, we would assess your current electrical system, determine how it is failing to meet your needs and upgrade or reinstall the wiring to support better performance.
Q: What can I expect from a retrofit installation?
A: Depending on the layout of your home, a thoughtful and well-executed retrofit can support the same performance level as a home that has benefited from pre-construction wiring. With a drywalled and finished home, additional labour and specialized equipment may be required to achieve optimal performance.